Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:09:42 -0500
From:      Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
To:        tom.oneil@tacni.net
Cc:        Free <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT: Block TLD in Qmail?

On Sat, Dec 29, 2001 at 11:20:16PM -0600, Tom ONeil wrote:

>  I have absolutely had it witha certain TLD and wish to block all
> traffic from it.
> Anyone know how? badmailfrom requires a domain at least, tried regex and
> wildcards.

'badmailfrom' requires a 'host', according to the manpage.  Unless
qmail-smtpd draws a distiction, that should map to 'domain' readily
enough.

'kr' (for example) is a domain, and a Top Level Domain at that.
So, I think (again, as an example) that:

  @kr

Would block mail whose envelope is from that TLD.  Untested, but
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Of course, the envelope is easily forgable.  You'd probably be better
off choosing the set of netblocks associated with that TLD, and
making use of tcpserver to block connections...

> 			Tom
> --
>           Thomas J. ONeil  tom.oneil@tacni.com
>                   http://www.tacni.net
>            "National Power, Local Presence"

Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert		<reichert@numachi.com>
37 Crystal Ave. #303			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842
Derry NH 03038-1713 USA			Intel architecture: the left-hand path