Date:      Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:12:10 GMT
From:      "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/121232: remove PCCARD rebooted system

>Number:         121232
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       remove PCCARD rebooted system
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>From PC-BSD
FreeBSD 6.3-PRERELEASE #2: Wed Nov  7 10:54:48 EST 2007
    root@pcbsd:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PCBSD

I plugged my Verizon broadband pccard in. It was detected at ugen0 (Curitel Communications). I kldload umodem. No change.

So I physically removed the card and the system rebooted.

For what it's worth, next time it was up I kldload umodem first then insert, setup PPP and it works fine for networking.

I just ejected the card again -- and it hung my mouse and keyboard and a few seconds later it rebooted again.

The card is a PC5740 says Qualcom 3G CDMA on the back.

This is on PC-BSD.

I searched and didn't find this problem in the FreeBSD database but I recall it happening before.

The system:

cbb0: <PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 1.0 on pci3
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
..
cardbus0: CIS pointer is 0!
cardbus0: Resource not specified in CIS: id=10, size=1000
ohci1: <NEC uPD 9210 USB controller> mem 0xdfc02000-0xdfc02fff irq 19 at device
0.1 on cardbus0
ohci1: [GIANT-LOCKED]
usb6: OHCI version 1.0
usb6: <NEC uPD 9210 USB controller> on ohci1
usb6: USB revision 1.0
uhub6: NEC OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uhub6: 1 port with 1 removable, self powered
ucom0: Curitel Communications, Inc. Curitel Communications, Inc., rev 1.10/0.00,
 addr 2, iclass 2/2
ucom0: data interface 1, has CM over data, has break
ucom0: status change notification available

>How-To-Repeat:
remove pccard while running