Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2019 21:39:51 +0000
From:      "Pressey, Marty G (CGI Federal)" <marty.pressey@cgifederal.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NIC Compatibility for 11.2

I have a question regarding Ethernet NIC compatibility. According to your c=
ompatibility list at https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.2R/hardware.html#e=
thernet, there are five (5) different Intel PRO/1000 MT NIC's listed. Howev=
er, the 2 we are looking for are not on the list. Since the list is more th=
an a year old, I'm wondering if there has been any additional testing to ve=
rify compatibility of these NIC's or if you can tell me if FreeBSD will sup=
port the use of these NIC's. I've included the two (2) we are using listed =
below.

The reason for my question is that we are using a 3rd party software produc=
t that is using FreeBSD as its initial boot OS. Unfortunately, the vendor c=
an't answer my question regarding compatibility.

Intel PRO/1000 MT Network Connection
Intel PRO/1000 MT Network Connection E1G60

Thanks,
Marty

Proprietary/confidential information belonging to CGI Federal Inc. or its a=
ffiliates may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient indi=
cated or intended in this message (or responsible for the delivery of this =
message to such person), or if you think for any reason that this message m=
ay have been addressed to you in error, you may not use or copy or deliver =
this message to anyone else. In such case, you should destroy this message =
and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.