Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 14:03:18 -0400
From:      Dexter McNeil <dexter@backtech.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems upgrading from 4.6-STABLE to 4.6.2-RELEASE

Hi,

	While I've managed to upgrade numerous machines from 4.foo to
4.6.2-RELEASE, I've got one stuborn machine that is choking at the same
point with the following error:

/usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto/../../../crypto/openssl/crypto/cryptlib.c:105:
#error "Inconsistency between crypto.h and cryptlib.c"
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

I've done the obvious - blown away /usr/src & cvsup'd a fresh source tree
of 4.6.2. I've even copied /etc/defaults/make.conf from a machine that
built sucessfully over to the machine in question, only to still have the
same problem. This is the only machine where I'm having this problem -
figures, as it's a firewall in a production environment.

Any suggestions very much appreciated!

Cheers,
	Dexter McNeil

--
The ultimate destination on the journey of life is a hole 6 feet deep.
Enjoy the journey - the destination is nothing to write home about.