Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 2009 10:33:19 -0500
From:      Daniel Burkland <dan@dburkland.com>
To:        "freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ACPI Issues: Dell Vostro 1310

Let me start out by saying I am a rookie when it comes to FreeBSD so I apol=
ogize if I forgot some information. Before I list the debug information let=
 me briefly explain my issue. I have installed FreeBSD 7.1 i386 on my Dell =
Vostro and it seems that the machine will not be properly shutdown when usi=
ng the command "shutdown -p now". According to the output the machine halts=
 but for some reason there is miscommunication between the software and the=
 ACPI on my laptop. Below I have listed the full hardware specs along with =
the required debug information. Thank you so much for your help!

Full Hardware Specs
Laptop Model: Dell Vostro 1310
CPU: Core 2 Duo Merom T7250
DVDRW: Integrated Drive Electronics Teac DVD+/-RW
HDD: 320GB WD-ML160
WIFI: Broadcom 4312
NVIDIA: 8400GS 128MB

Dmesg output after boot -v: http://dburkland.net/freebsd/dmesg1.log

Dmesg output after boot -v with ACPI disabled: http://dburkland.net/freebsd=
/dmesg2.log

Output from systctl hw.acpi: http://dburkland.net/freebsd/sysctloutput.log

URL where my ASL can be found: http://dburkland.net/freebsd/dan@dburkland.c=
om-DellVostro1310.asl

Again I want to prematurely thank you guys for taking a look at this!

Daniel Burkland
dan@dburkland.com