Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:34:48 +0000
From:      Simon Burke <simon.burke@gmail.com>
To:        Vadim Maksimenko <vadimax@policija.lt>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dumb OpenOffice install error

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:28:52 +0200, Vadim Maksimenko <vadimax@policija.lt> wrote:
> [...]
I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I think it has to do with its
relationship with staroffice, as openoffice started with sun releasing
code for a previous release of staroffice. So i think that is why its
still in java, it would be too much work to re-implement i guess.

Also
(quote)As far as I know, java-coded applications are: slow,
resource-hungry, have bad multitasking effect. (/quote)
IMHO, Isnt that pretty much openoffice anyway?
--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,
SimonB