Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2019 07:41:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        Kris Moore <kris@ixsystems.com>
Cc:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>, =?UTF-8?Q?Goran_Meki=C4=87?= <meka@tilda.center>, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org, freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFT: FreeBSD Package Base

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 10:09 AM Rodney W. Grimes <
> freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:
>

> > > Correct, this is ZFS only. And it's something we're using specific to
> > FreeNAS / TrueOS, which is why I didn't originally mention it as apart of
> > our CFT.
> >
> > Then please it is "CFT: FreeNAS/TrueOS pkg base, ZFS only",
> > calling this FreeBSD pkg base when it is not was wrong,
> > and miss leading.
> >

> Sorry, I disagree.
Which is fine.

> This pkg base is independent of the ZFS tool we're using
> to wrangle boot-environments. Hence why it wasn't mentioned in the CFT.
> These base packages work the same as existing in-tree pkg base on UFS, no
> difference. If anything are probably safer due to being able to update all
> of userland in single extract operation, so you don't have out of order
> extraction of libc or some such.

You missed the major string change and focused on the edge,
No comment on calling iXsystems :stuff: FreeBSD instead of FreeNAS/TrueOS?

That was the major point of my statement, your miss leading the user
community, you yourself said this would never be imported into FreeBSD
base, so I see no reason that it should be called "FreeBSD package Base",
as it is not, that is a different project.