Date:      Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:28:27 -0700
From:      Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   After Firefox upgrade, browser no longer prints without CUPS

What does Firefox use to recognize printers? Every other application
recognizes and uses the generic UNIX lpd (with Ghostscript and hpdij),
which is what Firefox used before I upgraded it to 1.5. Now it insists
on using CUPS or PostScript. I've been Googling for two days and can't
figure out how to get it back where it was.

Have to say, I love FreeBSD, but printing is a serious hassle. Every
time the smallest thing changes, it breaks and requires several days of
maddening searching and tweaking to get it back the way it was. Am
about to break down and get a print server, as this is way too much to
deal with on a regular basis.

- jt