Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:40:36 +0200
From:      Eric Dillenseger <eric@naxalite.ath.cx>
To:        FreeBSD_Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: X doesn't start anymore as user

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 06:31:43AM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 03:27:45PM +0200, Eric Dillenseger wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm trying to find what's wrong with my X setup, it worked very fine
> > till this morning and I didn't change anything.
> > When I start X, I get
> > 'Can't open log file "/var/log/XFree86.0.log"'
> > I removed the log file to see if it could re-write them correctly, but
> > didn't work.
> > As root it works.
> > All I did was restarting my box.
> > I got a Nvidia card, and the driver loaded, runing fbsd5.1
>=20
> Did you reinstall XFree86 but neglect to install the wrapper port?
>=20
> Kris
Ok, that was it. But now my box crashes whenever I use the nvidia
driver. When I use Xfree nv, it works.

--=20
> Enfin vivement les procs optique qui ne chaufferont pas trop ;-)
Vivement les proc quantiques, en rajoutant un gla=E7on, on pourra m=EAme=20
les boire ...
[ Eric Dillenseger GPG(OxFF352913) eric(at)naxalite(dot)ath(dot)cx ]

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+--