Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2005 12:27:37 -0400
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw@unete.cl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: send-pr, how pr's are handled

Daniel Molina Wegener wrote:
>     I have sent a PR (yesterday) with a patch through send-pr,
> when I will realize if this one were accepted?

That depends on a lot of things.  Important patches often get considered in a
day or two, ones that are big/complex/etc may take longer.  Security issues are
also considered at a high priority.

It helps to CC: someone responsible for the thing being patched, if there is
such a person.  In particular, patches sent to a port maintained by nobody can
sit for weeks or even months.  :-)

If you're looking for additional insight, local conventions seem to suggest
that one should wait a week after submitting a patch, and then ask about it
mentioning the PR #.  This gives maintainers who are away on a business trip,
vacation, or other aspects of RealJob/RealLife(tm) adequate time to review the PR.

If the PR sits for longer than 1 month, bring it up again as a maintainer
timeout, if appropriate (ie, a PR about updating a port), or send a short email
with the PR # and a description of the issue to one of the higher-level
channels like releng, portmgr, etc.

--
-Chuck