Date:      Sun, 06 Aug 2000 14:19:11 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Safe upgrading via cvsup

In message <002801bfff9a$ce73b840$0c00a8c0@ipform.ru> "Artem Koutchine" writes:
: So, the issue is NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES. /usr/src/UPGRADE, if you look at
: it, says nothing about
: this very imprtant change. I think developers whoudl decument all changes
: somewhere, so i could
: look through them before upgrading.

Agreed.  But there will always be a lag between changes going into
FreeBSD stable and the entry in UPDATING.  I have only so much time to
devote to these things.  In addition, it sometimes takes a few days to
understand that a change needs to be put into UPDATING.

I have a change in my queue for this, but haven't found the time to
integrate it yet.  I hope to this weekend.

Warner