Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 1995 18:03:07 -0400
From:      murphyp1@AIXDev1.ais.msu.edu (Patrick Murphy)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xxgdb problem running under FreeBSD 2.0.5

Problem #1:
After issuing the "run" command under the xxgdb debugger, the program seems to
"hang" for a few seconds and then issue the following message:

  ^[7^[[r^[[999;999H^[[6nresize: Time out occurred^M

The program being "debugged" does appear to run normally after this message.

Does anyone know what might be going on and how I might be able to correct
this problem?

Problem #2:
I have also tried to issue the "iowin" command to place program output into
a separate window.  This causes a new xterm window to be created with the
following message:

  xterm: Can't execvp xxgdbiowin

At this point the I can "exit" this xterm window, but the xxgdg debug session
is now "hung" and I am forced to "kill" it.

Is there something I can do to fix this problem as well?  I did try to download
the xxgdb source and recompile it, but I am not yet familiar with imake and
x-windows programs.

Any help would be appreciated.  I am investigating using FreeBSD as a
development platform for some Unix applications.

Patrick Murphy
Michigan State University
Administrative Information Services
East Lansing, MI 48824