Date:      Sat, 08 Jan 2000 01:16:16 -0800
From:      Mark Brad <mbrad@neospeed.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Lynksys EtherPCI NIC.

Hello,

    Recently, a NIC on one of my servers failed, and I didn't have a
backup on hand (3Com 3C905), and while running to Fry's as a last
resort, I picked up
a LynkSys EtherPCI NIC. Shouldn't this NIC use the "de" driver? It was
working just fine using the "ed" driver, and the dmesg output is strange
and follows:

ed1: <NE2000 PCI Ethernet (ProLAN)> rev 0x00 int a irq 15 on pci0.10.0
ed1: address 00:20:78:16:6d:26, type NE2000 (16 bit)

    Just wondering if this will be changed, or if the current settings
are correct (for future reference). Thanks.

Regards,
Mark Brad.