Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:58:31 -0400
From:      "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSEC, am I missing something?

I was googling "freebsd" and "vpn" so I could use my notebook to
handle work stuff remotely, and I found this:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ipsec.html

guess I didn't need google. Regardless, it mentions a lot of kernel
options. I checked my kernel configuration file, to see if they had
been turned on, they weren't even in there and commented out let alone
on (as some optionals are).

What I found and added:
#ipsec: Required for VPN
options		IPSEC        #IP security
options		IPSEC_ESP    #IP security (crypto; define w/ IPSEC)
#ipsec optimsations
options		FAST_IPSEC   # new IPsec (cannot define w/ IPSEC)
options		IPSEC_FILTERGIF  #filter ipsec packets from a tunnel

before adding these, I just had the default 6.1 generic kernel file
with a few things commented and a couple uncommented.

Am I missing soemeting?

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton