Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:51:20 -0800
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <data@dualcpus.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Audio conversion

I need to convert vox files generated by a voicemail system to wav, and then
encode the wav files into MP3.  I'm pretty sure I can setup the wav-mp3
conversion, but I can't find anything that will convert vox to wav under
FreeBSD.  Does anyone know of such a tool, even perhaps a linux tool I could
use ?  It must be text-only, it's going to run from a script.

I am no longer subscribed to -questions, so if could could include
data@dualcpus.com in the reply, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jeremiah Gowdy

IT Manager - Senior Network Administrator

Sherline Products Inc
3235 Executive Ridge
Vista CA 92083-8527

IT Dept: 760-727-9492