Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 20:22:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Duane H. Hesser" <dhh@androcles.com>
To:        Bill Pechter <pechter@pechter.dyndns.org>
Cc:        brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, bpechter@shell.monmouth.com, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux and FreeBSD dual universe

Sequent Dynix did have conditional symbolic links (as I indicated in my original
message).  However, I did not encounter Dynix until around 1989 or 90, but was
familiar with conditional symbolic links from two Pyramid 90x's I installed in
the summer of 94.  I cannot comment on the namei hack mentioned by Poul-Henning Kamp;
it could have been there (but was never mentioned by the developers at the time),
but so were conditional symbolic links.

'ln -c' was indeed the proper invocation for creating csymlinks.  I believe
'csymlink() was the system call, but, you know, memory is the first thing to go.