Date:      Thu, 18 May 2000 01:28:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: leaking sockets (closure)

Hi Mike,

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> Heh, that's sorta neat, I guess.  It'll be interesting to find out if the
> leak is due to the mbuf waiting in some way, or a totally unrelated bug
> we're tickling.  I'd almost guess the latter.

	I finally peeked at the tcp_timer stuff and quickly realized:

	`grep keepalive /etc/defaults/rc.conf'

	or, equivalently,

	`sysctl -A | grep keepalive'

	should quickly make things clear... :-)

	Notice the explicit initialization of always_keepalive to zero in
  tcp_timer.c, which is what at first glance tripped me off.

  	(I have re-simulated the exhaustion and all seems fine).

 -Bosko

--
 Bosko Milekic * pages.infinit.net/bmilekic/index.html * www.technokratis.com
 bmilekic@dsuper.net * bmilekic@technokratis.com * b.milekic@marianopolis.edu

 "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how
  to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."