Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2004 06:37:59 +1000
From:      Tim Robbins <tjr@freebsd.org>
To:        Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Non-GNU Sort

On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 08:14:01AM -0600, Ryan Sommers wrote:
> Is anyone, or does anyone know of anyone, working on a non-GNU licensed
> version of sort? I'm going to try and devote some of my free time to
> beginning this project and I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if anyone has
> already gotten started.

I've written a working replacement for GNU sort that I've mentioned on
hackers@ a few times:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2003-September/003126.html
(the .tar.gz URL is broken -- I'll roll another tarball & upload it
later tonight).

I'll commit it to CURRENT after I add multibyte character support.

Tim