Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:10:48 -0500
From:      Richard Coleman <richardcoleman@mindspring.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        kientzle@acm.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: /bin and /sbin are now dynamically linked

M. Warner Losh wrote:

> : I agree.  termcap.small is amazingly uncurrent.  However, perhaps some
> : merging and reducing is in order.  Why is a full cons25 or vt2xx needed?
> : vi only needs a few capabilities.  I think we mostly use copies of large
> : termcap entries because copying the whole things is easier.
>
> You have a good point.  My termcap was done so that we could run a
> number of applications...
>
> Grepping seems unsatisfying to find out which keys are used.  Do you
> have a list?
>
> Warner

Is the extra maintenance worth it to save a few hundred bytes?

It might even make sense to dynamically generate termcap.tiny at build
time by pulling out the entries in /etc/termcap for a selected list of
terminal types.  Then, no extra maintenance would be needed.

Richard Coleman
richardcoleman@mindspring.com