Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 12:39:17 -0700
From:      dgkerr@juno.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Ver 4.4 and open SSH

I just installed FreeBSD 4.4 stable.  I have not been able to get SSH to
allow a log in.  After much time I discovered that I still have
OpenSSH_2.3.0.  This is the same version I got with FreeBSD 4.3 Release.

I thought that after the Security advisory, SSH had been upgraded to a
newer version.

During the installation I modified the /etc/stable-supfile to include the
following:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
ports-www tag=.
ports-mail tag=.
ports-net tag=.
ports-shells tag=.
ports-security tag=.
ports-sysutils tag=.

then # cvsup /etc/stable-supfile

This was done before the kernel was compiled, so I thought I would have
all of the latest updates.

Do I have to do something different to get an updated version of OpenSSH
that will work with FreeBSD?

Thanks,
George