Date:      Tue, 23 May 2000 21:30:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mohit Aron <aron@cs.rice.edu>
To:        howardjp@glue.umd.edu (James Howard)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD kernel as a replacement for Linux kernel

> That sounds a lot like the DaemonLinux project:
>
> 	http://synack.net/daemonlinux/
>
> Except it appears to have died stillborn.

And not without reason. Their proposal aimed to replace FSF utilities with
BSD equivalents - I don't think they are considering the kernel as a utility.
I don't really any benefit from this.

The binaries being distributed for Linux make use of Linux utilities (whether
or not they are from FSF) and it makes little sense to replace them. Replacing
the kernel though - that's another matter.

- Mohit