Date:      Thu, 3 Mar 2011 04:20:07 GMT
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@tutopia.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/155199: [ext2fs] ext3fs mounted as ext2fs gives I/O errors

The following reply was made to PR kern/155199; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@tutopia.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, cheeky.m@live.com
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 20:04:40 -0800 (PST)

 Hello;

 Some notes.. from your original posting it seemed like
 the symlink issue was due to our lack of support for
 fast symlinks. Those may be interesting to implement.
 (I won't volunteer though).

 The unreadable files are something new. Perhaps they
 have extended attributes or ACLs? We don't support
 those and they would be difficult to support because
 of implementation differences with our native EAs.

 cheers,

 Pedro.