Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 13:23:14 +0200
From:      "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
To:        "magudexter" <magudexter@yahoo.com>, misc@openbsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a secure FTP server for BSD?

From: "magudexter" <magudexter@yahoo.com>

> Hello!
>
> Can anyone recommend me a good(meaning secure and
> reliable) FTP server for BSD? The pure-ftp server is
> an option but still we haven't found any concurrent so
> far(except for NcFTPd which comes with license).

Is the standard ftpd included with FreeBSD not good enough?  I have
never found a need to use any other personally.

It is at /usr/libexec/ftpd , and you will find it is referenced by
default in /etc/inetd.conf.  If you want to enable it, just remove the
leading # on the line, and do:
# kill -HUP `cat /var/run/inetd.pid`

See man ftpd for more info.

Regards,