Date:      Tue, 10 May 2005 13:58:33 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bluetooth mouse (bthidd errors)

Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> Eric,
>
>> I'm trying to get a bluetooth mouse working.  When I run bthidd, I see
>> this in my /var/log/messages:
>>
>> bthidd[30447]: Could not open /dev/vkbdctl. No such file or directory (2)
>>
>> Any hints?  I'm running current as of about a week ago.
>

> # kldload vkbd
>
> but do not get any ideas :) bluetooth keyboard is not going to work.

Thanks for the quick reply!  That did the trick!  Maybe a little hint in
the error output would help.  Like:

bthidd[30447]: Could not open /dev/vkbdctl. No such file or directory
(2). Did you load vkbd?

Also - my mouse buttons (2/3) are swapped.  I see a couple brief
mentions about it being a mouse bluetooth issue - but how do I fix it?

Eric

A lost ounce of gold may be found, a lost moment of time never.