Date:      Sat, 1 Sep 2007 14:36:50 -0500
From:      Joshua Isom <jrisom@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Backup the basics of the system.

I'm about to downgrade from -CURRENT to 6-STABLE, and since I can't
seem do it in place without screwing around with a lot of stuff, I
might need to reinstall completely.  But which configuration files are
the ones I need to backup the most?  I know rc.conf and loader.conf,
but what else would be needed to easily restore the setup of the
system?  Would I just somehow be able to use mergemaster to get a diff
and manually apply everything?