Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:05:05 +0100
From:      David Landgren <david@landgren.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone running Trend Micro IWSS in linux-compat mode?

David Landgren wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm running a squid proxy on FreeBSD. The big problem today is web-borne
> viruses, spyware and other crap. The general feeling on the Squid users
> mailing list is that Trend Micro's InterScan Web Security Suite product
> is the way to go.
>
> Having looked at the various incomplete, non-functional free offerings,
> I have no problem going with a commercial product. The trouble is, they
> only offer it on Windows, Linux and Solaris.

Just got the word back from their beta projects manager:

"Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have any concrete plans to
support FreeBSD. Please feel free to visit the trendbeta website on a
regular basis, as we often have new products (sometimes products are
released based on consumer needs) listed there."

Oh well, keep up the advocacy...

David