Date:      30 Mar 2005 11:05:41 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st> writes:

> So let me ask you here on this list: somebody has compiled kdelibs3
> (version 3.4) on a 4.11R system?

The package system did.
The latest results are for RELENG_4, which isn't all *that* different,
and it built this morning:
http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-4-latest-logs/kdelibs-3.4.0.log

> This week I wiped out my /usr/ports and installed it again.
> Today I installed an extra harddisk and put a fresh freebsd-4.11 on it;
> cvsupped the ports to the latest version and tried to compile kde3.
> Again: the same error.
>
> What could possibly be the reason for this?

Well, I'm pretty sure you've already covered the obvious candidates,
like make.conf (I assume you used an empty one on your freshly
installed system).

The error itself doesn't seem to make much sense.  You can build a
bunch of dependencies before you get to that point, so it does seem to
be specific to KDE...

> ps: unlike anthony I'm willing to experiment. I would like to solve this
> puzzle. Or at least /know/ it's just an error in the kde release.

Well, you could try updating to RELENG_4.

And definitely talk to the KDE maintainers.