Date:      13 Feb 2003 11:59:43 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable List <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sbp + drive enclosures

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 11:37, Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:
> > Unfortunately when I disconnect it the firewire half seems to notice,
> > but it doesn't notify the SCSI layer :(
> This seems FAQ, I should add description to manpage..

Ahh, I read the 00README file, but I didn't see the FAQ.

> This is intentional because some drive might be
> failed to be proved after bus reset. To prevent detaching
> mounted filesystem, it's not detached at first bus reset.
> After several bus reset it will notify to the SCSI layer.
> Try 'fwcontrol -r' several times or don't worry about it too much :-)

Ahh.. Takes a few though. Is it possible to add a 'Really go away'
command?

> This behavier enables us active filesystem detaching and reattaching.
> Even while the some process is writing/reading activily on the
> filesystem it sould be safely detached and then reattached safely.

OK, I wasn't sure given my other problem ;)

> If your drive doesn't have important data, try detach and reattach
> while running 'iozone -A' :-)

hehe :)

> > If I try a 'camcontrol rescan' it hangs in cbwait (not sure how long,
> > but I left it for >30 minutes with no change). If I reinsert the drive I
> > get a panic 'malloc(W_WAITOK) in interrupt context'.
>
> Do you have traceback? which malloc caused panic?

No, I will attempt to get one, or serial gdb and get back to you.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5