Date:      Sun, 08 Jun 2003 20:08:05 -0500
From:      Jeff Blaufuss <Jeff.Blaufuss@ndsu.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   loading the official nvidia driver at startup

I recently installed the official nvidia driver (version 1.0.3203) from
the ports collection my FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE machine.  Is there a way to
load the nvidia.ko module at startup?  I've tried putting
nvidia_load="YES" in my /boot/loader.conf file, which was suggested in a
message I found in the archives of freebsd-questions, but it didn't work
for me.  The module doesn't get loaded, and I still have to run "kldload
nvidia" to get things to work.