Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2011 15:11:12 +0100
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
Cc:        Craig Butler <craig001@lerwick.hopto.org>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Testers: VirtualBox 4.0.4

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 17:06:52 +0100, Olivier Smedts wrote:
> 2011/2/19 Bernhard Fröhlich <decke@bluelife.at>:
>> ----- Ursprüngliche Mitteilung -----

> I had to s/png.5/png.6/ and s/curl.5/curl.6/ in the Makefile of
> emulators/virtualbox-ose, else it tried to install again png and curl.
> My ports are all up-to-date.

Don't know what you have done but the Makefile contains png.6 and
curl.6. Please check again what you have downloaded and extracted. It
seems to be wrong in a weird way.

>>> Hi Folks
>>>
>>> Seems to be working ok for me...
>>> I had to;
>>> * remove stale /usr/ports/emulators/virualbox* directories (old patch
>>> file was causing build to fail)
>>
>> I should have mentioned that. Please move the old ports out of the way first.
>>
>>> * remove the stale vboxusers group, the install was complaining cause it
>>> couldn't set vboxusers gid to 920
>>
>> Sounds strange and should not happen.
>
> Happens to me too :
> ===>  Installing for virtualbox-ose-4.0.4
> ===>   Generating temporary packing list
> ===>  Checking if emulators/virtualbox-ose already installed
> ===> Creating users and/or groups.
> Using existing group `vboxusers'.
> Creating user `vboxusers' with uid `920'.
> pw: group `920' does not exist
> *** Error code 67
>
> I previously had virtualbox-ose-3.2.12 installed. I'm running
> 9-CURRENT amd64.
>
> % grep vboxusers /etc/passwd
> % grep vboxusers /etc/group
> vboxusers:*:919:root,zozo
>
> Does it really needs a "vboxusers" *user* (not speaking of the group)
> ? It tries to set the gid of the user to 920, but the previously used
> gid was 919.

Please follow UPDATING - also valid for entries that are nearly 2 years
old.

20090617:
  AFFECTS: users of emulators/virtualbox
  AUTHOR: beat@FreeBSD.org

  The GID of virtualbox has changed due to a conflict with
databases/couchdb.
  Update GID of vboxusers after updating the port:

        # pw groupmod vboxusers -g 920

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/