Date:      Sat, 6 Jun 1998 13:34:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@nvl.virginia.edu>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@virginia.edu>, Jay Martel <jedi@best.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4 button logitech mouse

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998, Greg Lehey wrote:

> According to the Logitech web pages (any of the nameless pages under
> http://www.logitech.com/en/mice+trackballs/index.html),
>
>   Scrolling requires Windows 95 or Windows NT 4.0.  Windows 3.1
>   compatible.
>
> I can't quite parse that, but since the fourth "button" is really a
> rotating wheel, it's not at all clear that X will support it.
> Somebody should check with the XFree86 people.

	Actually the roller is both a button and a roller on some mice.
Actually the only one I have tried was this way.  Kind of strange.

	It is depressing to see that MS's solution to extremely poor
scroll bar behavior is to enhance a piece of hardware.  Kind of like the
"windows" keys on most new keyboards.  I believe they correspond to
alt-dash and alt-space.  If they keep this up then they will add an array
of buttons for checking your mail, starting control pannel, etc.

	Adrian
--
adrian@virginia.edu        ---->>>>| If I were stranded on a desert island, and
System Administrator         --->>>| I could only have one OS for my computer,