Date:      Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:19:11 +0200
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        "Kristof Peeters" <kristof.peeters@iname.com>, <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can't install kernel...

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Kristof Peeters wrote:
> Okay, that worked fine. Thanx!
>
> But my system was still unable to load the kernel. It aborted.
>
> I guess it has something to do with this output I got while installing:
>
> wd1S1A: hard error reading fsbn 34988 of 34912-35039 (wd1s1 bn 34988; cn 17
> tn 11 sn 23) (status 59<rdy,seekdone,drq,err>error 40 <uncorr>)
> vm_fault: pager read error, pid (cp)
> cp: /kernel: bad address
>
> Does anybody has any idea how I could solve this?
> Thanx.

As the installation was not completed, I would suggest: do it once more. It
only takes 20 minutes or so. I am sure there is a clever reader of this list
that will know how to repair it, but that will, I think, be more difficult and
not as quick.

By the way, I had to cut out a lot of the message-thread, as your reply was
added to the top. Some people moreover get upset by this. The 'rule' is to
answer after the message you reply to. It makes things easier to follow and you
will have more chance to receive a reply to your question. (I only learned this
recently :-))

--
Marc Schneiders
marc@oldserver.demon.nl