Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 20:53:58 -0500
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        antonio@axolotl.ic.gc.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use a FreeBSD box as the console for a machine with NO video-card

You've got ethernet for the SGI box right?  How about X?

Well there you go...

Just let the SGI box manage the FreeBSD desktop for you. You'll need
to configure X on the SGI box so xdm is started without running a
local server and doing something like:

# X -indirect sillygraph.domain.com

This should produce a 'chooser' dialog where one can select which
host to login to (normally you will see the FreeBSD box too).  In
our case here, using Sun equipment, chooser has the Sun Solaris logo.

I would guess that SGI has a customized chooser too?

Good Luck,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net