Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 17:23:19 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Tim Ayers <tayers@bridge.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DBD::Sybase

On 11 May 2001 09:33:16 EST, Tim Ayers wrote:

> I haven't seen an answer to your question, but here's what I know...

I got it sorted out and committed the port.  However, the DBD::Sybase
maintainer (Michael Peppler) recommends the Sybase libraries over
FreeTDS.

Once I have access to the Sybase drivers (can't find them _anywhere_ on
the Sybase site!), I'll add a knob to the port that allows the operator
to choose the underlying driver.  Then I can create two metaports that
set the knob as appropriately.

I'll take your advice and hit the linux.sybase.com FTP site.

Ciao,
Sheldon.