Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 1997 21:58:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@wakko.gil.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   silo overflow?

Howdy,

I was just reading my mail (which is on my ISPs mail machine) using telnet
and pine. and I get a kernel message that goes something like this (don't
quote me):

kernel message: sio0 - silo overflow ....

I'm using a 14400 intel external modem hooked to the serial port on my IBM
PS/Note (yes it's old) using a 16450 UART. The setting in the script to
start pppd and chat is set to 19200 so as not to overrun the older chip.
Is this the problem, should I set it to a lower speed. Or am I barking up
the wrong tree?

Any ideas?? (as you can tell I'm not a guru of any sort)

PS. I don't have this happen on my larger machine using a 16550

Keith
keithl@gil.net
Character is what you are in the dark - John Warfin