Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:00:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Cc:        Sergio Jachtchenco <jachs@hstsoft.com>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE CMD 649 and AS200-233

Wilko Bulte writes:
 > On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 04:59:52PM -0500, Sergio Jachtchenco wrote:
 >
 > I could be completely offtrack here, but does bus master ISA dma work on
 > Alpha in the first place?

Yes, of course it does...  Most isa sound drivers do DMA, as well as
the floppy driver.  In any case, ISA DMA is irrelevent as this is a
PCI device and should be treated as such.

My suspicion is that the SRM console is setting up the card
improperly.  Perhaps Sergio could send the output of a verbose boot to
the ATA driver author (sos@freebsd.org)?  Or file a PR?

FWIW, I use a Promise Ultra 33MHz controller in my Miata and don't
have any problems..

Drew