Date:      Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:29:23 +0800
From:      "Zhang Weiwu" <weiwuzhang@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   why do I need sendmail

 Hello. Just to confirm: if I use dial-up connection on my laptop and use
the ISP's smtp server to send emails, I don't really need sendmail's most
functions, so it is safe to set 'sendmail="NO"' in rc.conf without loosing
local emails like "weekly run output", is it?

I was told nowadays many spam filters only accept smtp server's email when
the smtp server is in the same domain as the sender's email address. So it
seems I better not use the sendmail on my laptop to send emails in case
they are filtered. Should I? Thank you.