Date:      15 Jan 2001 19:22:52 -0500
From:      Derek Tattersall <dlt@mebtel.net>
To:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Athlon and 4.2 Release

I have a 1 GHz Thunderbird (Athlon) on an ASUS A7V Via KT133 chipset
with an IBM ultra 100 30 Gig Hard drive.  If I let the HDD be auto
detected, 4.2 Release terminates at the point it is going to partition
the drive.  If I set the HDD for LBA with all the options disabled,
it reboots in the middle of the boot sequence, after the "press enter
to boot now prompt".

Has anybody got configuration suggestions for this combination that
could get FreeBSD installed?

Thanks in advance...

--
Derek Tattersall			dlt@mebtel.net