Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2000 12:09:43 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Why don't section 4 pages live with their drivers?

Hi folks,

I notice that a lot of section 4 manual pages live in src/share/man/man4
instead of in the subdirectory in which the code that implements the
associated drivers resides.

I realize that many drivers have bits in too many directories for this
to be possible.

Case in point: I'm about to commit the md.4 manual page of phk's.  I
would have thought that the right place for it would be src/sys/dev/md,
but the precedents which I can see certainly indicates that this would
be "wrong".

Bottom line: where do I put this thing and if it's not in
src/sys/dev/md, why not?

Ciao,
Sheldon.