Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 18:24:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boot up messages

I had a reason to go check when I last installed my kernel, so I did a
dmesg to take a look at the boot message, and the greeting from the
Regents isn't there anymore.  It wasn't there in the var/log/messages
either.  I'm not interested in the time (uname gave me that), but rather
where the boot message got off to.  It still shows on the console during
boot (I checked) but that's all.

I use the new loader.conf mechanism to boot with, and I also notice that
the dmesg now is too short to catch teh entire boot message (I load
about 8 modules, and the first couple get truncated).  How would I
increase the amount of memory given to boot messages for dmesg?

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |
Greenbelt, MD 20770         | I run picnic (FreeBSD-current)
(301) 220-2114              | and jaunt (Solaris7).