Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 1999 15:11:26 -0400
From:      "Christopher J. Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "Vlad Skvortsov" <vlad@high.net.ru>
Subject:   RE: how to install FreeBSD from sources

I tried doing that and never really came to a solid conclusion no how to =
do that.  You CAN do a 'make release' if you so choose.  If you are =
going to do that you will NEED to read /usr/src/release/Makefile, and =
also need about 1GB of free HD space.

What I ended up doing was a basic installed over the internet, nfs =
mounted the source code, and did a 'make world'.

Maybe someone else on the list can give you more information on make =
release.

-Chris