Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:04:04 +0100
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Frank Tegtmeyer <fte-sub-freebsd-stable@fte.to>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall options

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 10:22:36AM +0100, Frank Tegtmeyer wrote:
> "Maxim M. Kazachek" <stranger@sberbank.sibnet.ru> writes:
>
> > 	You have "*default tag=RELENG_4" in your stable-supfile? You've
> > upgraded to 4.7-STABLE then... The RELEASE tag is like RELENG_4_7... As I
> > know... (never tracked -RELEASE)
>
> Ok, I don't mind to have -STABLE. The packages are not different
> between -STABLE and -RELEASE, arent they?
>
> One additional question: I saw somewhere mentioned that sysinstall is a
> deprecated tool - what would be the replacement?

There is no replacement for sysinstall.  There has been talk about
writing a replacement for sysinstall for as long as I can remember.
(When I got started with FreeBSD the latest release was 3.1)
So far this much desired and much talked about replacement has yet to
materialize.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson