Date:      Sun, 2 Sep 2001 11:55:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Patches for Conexant LANfinity support

Phil Kernick (Phil@Kernick.org) has been kind enough (and brave enough)
to sit down and produce patches for the dc(4) driver to add support for
the Conexant LANfinity miniPCI fast ethernet controller. Those of you
that have laptops with this chipset can test the patches at:

	http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/conexant.patch.gz
	http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/conexant_5.0.patch.gz

The latter file is for 5.0-current, the former for -stable. Apply the
patch as follows:

# cd /tmp
# fetch http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/conexant.patch.gz
# gunzip conexant.patch.gz
# cd /sys/pci
# patch < conexant.patch

Then compile a new kernel and/or if_dc.ko kernel module.

I intend to commit the patch for -current when I get back to work
next week, however the patch for -stable will probably have to wait
until the code freeze for 4.4-RELEASE is lifted (sorry guys). In
the meantime, success/failure/whatever reports would be much appreciated.

-Bill