Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:27:35 +0900
From:      Seigo TANIMURA <tanimura@naklab.dnj.ynu.ac.jp>
To:        nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de
Cc:        zinnia@jan.ne.jp, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for Review: Voxware midi driver for serial ports

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 22:15:05 +0200,
  Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> said:

>> Another bad news, I tried driving my SC-88 connected directly to a PC using
>> Windows 95 and Portman PC/S driver, to find a miserable result. I saw no midi
>> messages come properly, so Portman PC/S should be cooking the signals in some way...

nox> Or uses a higher speed than 38k4, can you check that?  Hmm, or maybe
nox> i should just take my old Atari MSTe and use that as serial<->midi
nox> interface...

Bitrate > 38.4k... I wish I had a looooong serial cable. The PC I had a test
on the Portman driver is not in my room, and it is not a portable one.

Atari, I have only heard the name. I played with an Acorn when I was a kiwi.
(should we move to chat?)

Seigo TANIMURA           |M2, Nakagawa Lab, Dept of Electronics & CS
=========================|Faculty of Engineering, Yokohama National Univ