Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 03:35:33 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        achornback@worldnet.att.net, anthony@atkielski.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: SCSI card recommendations

>	Charles, if you plan to run more than one drive on that controller, or go
>to a U160 drive in the future, it's not a bad investment.  Consider that
>you
>could put 2 80 MB/s drives on that controller, run vinum and see a
>performance gain...

I ended up getting a 29160 (not 29160N). Difference being: It's a 64-bit
card vs 32-bit, has a denser internal connector, and is...cheaper(?!)
$200 for a SCSI card still makes me feel queasy, though. :-\
Now I'll feel compelled to get one of those "3x the cost per MB vs IDE"
drives as soon as I recover.

Computers... (sigh)

Charles Burns