Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 06:46:51 -0400
From:      Ben Williams <williamsl@home.com>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re[2]: pop up notice for x

   If you're using /bin/sh you might need to separate your 'export...'
line like this:

DISPLAY=:0.0
export DISPLAY

   I seem to recall the export <varname>[=<value>] is a bash
enhancement that is not present in all shells. Also how are you
running X? If by startx then you probably don't have any xauth issues
but if you're running from xdm you may need to man xauth.

HTH,
--Ben Williams
mailto:received@email dot com

Quoting j mckitrick                                Sunday, July 09, 2000