Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2006 21:06:37 -0800
From:      Josh Stephenson <jstep@unm.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD SATA

I'm having trouble installing FreeBSD on the following system:
Intel Desktop Board DG965SS motherboard
Intel Core Duo 2.8GHz
1GB Memory
1 SATA hard-drive
1 dvd/cd-burner sony dru-120c

Here's the problem:

When I boot the install, I get:
Too many holes in the physical address space, giving up
Too many holes in the physical address space, giving up
Too many holes in the physical address space, giving up

and then the system hangs at either this line:
Interrupt storm detected on "irq17:"; throttling interrupt source

or sometimes, I actually get into the install screen, but the response
is ridiculously slow.  ie- I press the down arrow, and 30 seconds later,
it respons, but eventually it just hangs completely.

Any help would be much appreciated.

-josh