Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2014 12:15:32 +0100
From:      Thomas Krause <freebsd-stable@chef-ingenieur.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing 10.1 on a NVME SSD

Hi,
I tried to install FreeBSD 10.1 on a machine with only a
Intel DC P3600 SSD. I was able to setup GPT, partition the drive,
install
bootcode and all files, added load_nvme="YES" and load_nvd="YES"
to loader.conf. But after that I cannot boot from that SSD.
The mainboard complains "Reboot and Select proper Boot device ...".
It seems that the board cannot boot from the NVME SSD?!
It's a Supermicro X10SSL-F. In the BIOS I set PCIE OPROM to EFI
and tried both "Legacy Only" and "UEFI only" under "Launch Option
OpRom Policy".
Any ideas?

Regards,
Thomas.