Date:      Sun, 04 May 2003 23:47:47 -0700
From:      Tom Smith <tom@openadventures.org>
To:        Jonas <jonas@netwood.net>
Cc:        'freebsd-questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CSU/DSU for fbsd as a router

I'm not aware of any T-1 network cards for FreeBSD though there are
cards out there that perform this function. I have a client that uses a
product called the Interceptor which is simply a Unix server with a PCI
CSU/DSU, T-1 card--with this box, the T-1 plugs directly into the server.

If you're not able to locate something like this (and having a seperate
CSU and router bothers you that bad) you can go with with a router that
has a built-in CSU.

As an example, I use a Cisco 1720 which has a built-in CSU. The result
is I plug the T-1 into the router and the router into my FreeBSD firewall.