Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 23:39:41 +0100 (MET)
From:      Michiel Meijers <michiel@cs.vu.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

I have exactly the same problem. Anyone knows the solution ?
Weird thing is, I have had FreeBSD 2.2.6 installed and WindowMaker running
before. I compiled WindowMaker from the tar.gz file on www.windowmaker.org.

Michiel.

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:30:46, Albert Kinderman wrote:

I have a new FreeBSD 3.1 installation.  After using sysinstall to
install the WindowMaker package, wmaker fails to start because of a
missing libwraster.so.  Actually, /usr/X11R6/lib contains libwraster.a,
.la, and .so.  libwraster.so is a symlink pointing to libwraster.so.1,
which doesn't exist.

Is this a package failure?  Can I make .so.1 out of what is there? (I
know that sounds terribly naive, but my experience is limited to make
depend, make, make install)